.....Return here to the What The Fire Said home page.....

Princess Andromeda



This is my second version of this subject, and the one which I personally prefer. When I first came to tackle the subject I had the option either of being ethnically correct or of going with the traditional portrayals of the 'Grecian' princess who was rescued from the sea monster by the hero Perseus - although my interpretation then, as now, holds the implication that the monster is in reality Andromeda's protector in defiance both of Perseus and a familiar reading of the myth. When it came to portraying Andromeda I opted for tradition, and have regretted it ever since. Now I have chosen to be faithful to her ethnicity. Andromeda was, after all, a princess of Ethiopia.

3 comments:

You are welcome to share your thoughts.